Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 10.

I decide to keep my journal short this week. I have so much going on right now, work, family, training and life in general.

This morning I take comfort in the familiar track workout. Jeff joins Jay and I, on deck for this morning is 5 x 800 @ 3:03. I start off and I hit the first 200 perfect, the next 200 is slow, I am having difficulty finding the pace. I speed up and slow back down. The last 400 is bad and we end with a 3:10. I feel bad. I can tell that Jay is also frustrated. This is the first time that I have been slow on a target track day. Now I am mad. Jay is too!, He take the next 800 as the lead and we knock out a 2:54. I’m next, and equal the 2:54. Jay delivers a 2:56 on the fourth 800 and I pull a 2:57.

Jeff also looks strong as he is circling the track. It is good to have him there and I am excited about the idea of all of us running the Chicago Marathon together.

The run back to LTF is uneventful, but seemed difficult. My mind is drifting. I am a bit miffed that I did not hit that first time. It was not that I could not find the speed, I just could not find the pace. I was fast, slow, fast, I could never find it.

Weight, arrgh. I need to get my head together.

No comments: