Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 8.

I am happy that I went to bed early last night, though I did not close my eyes until after 10:00 PM. I wake with my running gear ready to go. Today is tempo day and an interesting one at that. The run is 1 ez at 8:30 pace, 2 at 7:03, 1 ez, 2 at 7:03 and 1 ez. The run was done on the treadmill. I am not a fan of being the mouse on a wheel, however I also know the winter I ran treadmill was the year I had my greatest increase in speed. It is also a good way to “keep honest” with the pace.

I have to admit, I thought about the last run and worried, am I going to be okay. I chased away the negative thoughts reminding myself, I am faster than this pace. Sure enough, the pace is easier than expected. I feel good and truthfully felt like I should have been going faster. But that would not be the plan.

After a quick stretch and shower I stand before the scale. Here we go. I feel fat, I did not get the exercise I wanted during the weekend. One step is followed by the other…. Weight 179! Better.

At home I get Wil on the bus with a hug and one for Jack too before he walks out the door making certain it is not seen by his friends, it is tough to be a 12 year old in middle school.
Work keeps me busy, a nice lunch date with Kim and I am packing for my trip to Dallas. My evening will be full as we entertain incoming partners. I will not sleep before midnight eastern time.

Before hoping on the plane I arrange a run with Bobalu while in Dallas. I look forward to seeing him at 5:15 AM

Flight to Dallas is uneventful... my favorite kind.

No comments: