Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not Much Really

Day 5

Saturday. I slept in… well at least for me. I was up and at it by 7:00 AM. I woke up the first time at 3:00 and was wide awake. I woke up again at 5 and 6. Each time, I knew enough to roll over and go back to bed. Eventually I could take it no longer and headed down stairs to make everyone breakfast. Pancakes, hashbrowns, juice and assorted breakfast items.

After breakfast we all headed out for errands. It was my goal to start working on the Mustang today, however, I needed to run lines for the air compressor. Somehow I was fortunate enough to forget a couple of key components and will have to go back to Home Depot tomorrow to find what I need.

The afternoon was spent working on the photo album, chores, watching football and hanging with the boys. I make everyone dinner and I settle on the coach to just relax. Unusual but true. I was busy all day and an evening of relaxation was in order.

Last year at this time my brother and I had completed the first part of the Goofey Challenge, the half-marathon the next morning we woke and ran the full marathon, now that is goofey! The reality is I should not have been running at all, I was in bad shape, but committed to running with my brother for his first marathon. So there we were a year ago today. It was great to do that race with him. He did really well running his first marathon the day after a half marathon.

I hope all the runners have a great day tomorrow.

No comments: