Sunday, January 3, 2010

The day before the first day

Sunday.

Well So often we take a vacation and it seems to go by quickly, this one actually seemed to neither go by quickly or slowly, but seemed just right. I am ready to get back to work tomorrow.

The day starts well, Wil sleeps in late, though we still make it to Mel’s for breakfast. I was hoping that we might play a game of football, parents and kids, but it is too cold, freezing actually. The temperature was 19 degrees and never seemed to get much above the mid 20’s.

at the house the day is filled with miscellaneous chores. I finally set up the guest bedroom to tackle my last project. I fully understand that this project will 1) not be finished in one day and 2) be a bit tedious. My last project is to catalogue an old photo album with hundreds of original photographs ranging form 1917 – 1959. The photos range in categories of historical figures, military, architecture, and historical days. Of those that are captured in these photos includes multiple presidents, Wilson Truman, Franklin, and more. Other historical figures include; Eddie Rickenbacker, Richard Bong, “Wrong Way” Corrigan, William Bendix, Marlene Dietrich, Lou Costello, Fred MacMurry, Will Rogers, Charles Lindbergh, Henry Ford, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bobby Feller, Mel Ott, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Red Grange, Hitler, Mussolini, Bobby Jones, Joe Louis, and many more. It is my hope to have this catalogued in the next several weeks. As I complete the project I will likely post a few of my more favorite photos.

Jack and I head out to watch the Giants play their last game of the season. It is terrible. They Giants started with so much hope roared with a 5 – 0 record only to fizzle and whimper to a 8 – 8 season. Poor showing, a poor showing.

It is my goal to hit the bed early tonight. I have a lot to do tomorrow for work and personally. Also, after almost two weeks of resting and recovery from the marathon, I am itching to get started with training. So it starts. Tomorrow I will be at the gym, ready for the first day of training. This goal is about speed. I want to build additional speed, power and strength. I have targeted a 10K in March I use that race as a bench for a goal time at the Chicago 2010 Marathon. I will likely look at a few other races and perhaps a few sprints that I can participate in this spring.

I am not looking forward to stepping on the scale, I really did not practice any restraint with my eating during the holidays and it is going to be ugly. Oh well, I have to start someplace, so tomorrow I will step on the scale and mark my weight and day one of training will begin.

No comments: