Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giants Win... Finally

Day 91

Boston Qualifying Training. Will they win… it is desperation time for the Giants. With picks in had, we enter Mel’s for breakfast. Adorning our reserved table are banners and Falcon’s gear.

The workers are rubbing it in… Falcon’s versus Giants today at 1:00. Next week's breakfast will be fun, more so if the Gmen win.

After a few more errands, I drop the family off at home and head to the gym. Plan, swim and lift. The swim is good not great and I only do 1200 meters. Next stop weights… I forgot my sneakers and my shorts! Disappointed, I shower and head to the car.

Sitting in the car, it hits me, I still need my “race shoes”. Off to Dick’s to pick up a new pair. Nothing better than a new pair of running shoes! My old pair had nearly 400 miles on them and they are nearly done. As long as it is dry tomorrow, I will start breaking in the new shoes.

Back home it is emails and work as I watch the Giants. Though they try their very best to lose the game, the manage to hold on and win the game in overtime. I’ll take the victory, but clearly the Giants have issues and even if they manage to make the play-off’s, it would be tough to see them going far. But you never know.

I listen to the winning OT field goal in the car, sitting outside the Roswell Whirlyball center. Jack and his team have their team party. It is a blast, everyone has a good time.

We end the day watching the How the Grinch Stole Christmas… a classic.

Tomorrow starts Week 14, 8 x 800 at 3:12. I am ready. I am a little over weight from the over eating the past few days. Need to be more diligent. Weight 180 !!!!!!

No comments: