Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh no... the Appendix

Day 17

Worked the show until late last night. Worked the floor pretty good and was able to pick up some meaningful leads.

I knew I would miss my workout again. There is a balance, life, work, exercise... That would change in second. Jack is still feeling bad when I woke. After my breakfast meeting I returned to the room to get ready for my meeting with DaVita.

Back at the room, Jack had an acute pain in his side… oh no, his appendix!!! A trip to the emergency room confirmed my diagnosis. It was a whirlwind, lab work, CT, 24 miles in the ambulance, lights and siren, scary. As soon as we hit the Childrens Hospital, Jack was in the operating room in 15 minutes. His appendix was out through laparoscopy and thankfully it had not ruptured. A rough night at the hospital and discharged Saturday morning. All this happened in less than 24 hours.

No comments: