Monday, August 24, 2009

Bring it! Count down to qualifying!

Day 1

Today it starts! I have reset the "day" clock. This is my official start of training as I once again try to qualify for Boston.

The race is scheduled for December 12, 2009. I have the next 16 weeks to dedicate myself to being in top shape. My goal, a lean 172-175. I weighed 181 this morning, so I am heavier than I wanted to be when I started this training. My other goal is to get enough sleep. My friends all go to bed at 9:30. I typically go to bed at 11:00. I am pushing to be in bed every night by 10:00 PM. That is a good start.

Today was my first run, only 6 miles and not very fast. It was a tempo run, 2 EZ, 2 at 7:00 and 2 EZ. I ran with Jay and we did our work on the treadmill. I am not a fan of the treadmill, but we put the first run in the books. Only 47 more runs to go!

I am looking forward to the next 16 weeks, a measurement of my determination, fitness and will power.

Goal for the Rocket City Marathon, on December 12th, sub 3:30:00 for 26.2 miles.

The registration is complete, I will pick up my new training shoes today… time to get working!

No comments: