Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hump Day at the track

Day 22

I love track workouts. I know that I have said this before, but it still holds true. Though I will say that I am feeling a little slower. I think it is the extra weight. Today was 12 x 400 at a 1:30 pace. A decent pace, but not a killer, 1:16 or below would be tough. I ended up running the first 400 at 1:30, however everyone after that was between 1:24 – 1:27, not bad. There were points I wanted to pick it up, however, I knew that I had 12 to do… By the time I finished number 10, I was ready to really blast it for the last two, but as my buddies were finishing the last of their 6 x 1200, I used my last two 400’s to pace them on their final laps. They were really hurting by the last set.

Weight a reasonable 180, but not great, need to get back under that 180 mark.

We ran at a new track as our standard track is being worked on. Interesting this track has a “hump" on it between the 3rd and 4th turns. Not much, just a 12 inch rise. Never seen that on a track before.

The rest of the day was filled with meeting, call and documents. A busy day that ended with Jack and Wil having their new furniture come in.

Wil and I slept together, he took top bunk, I took bottom. We laughed a lot until Kim told all the boys to go to bed. Funny.

No comments: