Monday, August 3, 2009

Blue Monday...

Day 20

Well to bed early did not happen. Rather Kim and I spent some quality time together after getting the boys to sleep. I did get a good nights rest and decide to get right to work, a good decision, I was able to get a lot accomplished. in the morning.

Around midday, I hit the gym and got ready for my tempo run. On the schedule was a 6 mile run, 1 mile ez, 4 at long tempo and 1 ez. The first mile I was stiff, legs very tired and the hill I climbed seemed difficult. Once I hit the mile mark, I was off, a bit of a down hill to get me rolling, though that quickly ended with about a 1.5 mile steady climb. It was draining and holding pace was difficult at best. I knew the second half of the tempo run would be easier as it was mostly down hill. I crested the hill, turned the corner and picked up the pace. I was hoping to hold just over 7 minute miles, but I was not even close.

As I hit the 5 mile mark; I was over heating, exhausted and felt very beaten. This was not a good run. My EZ run was even difficult and I could not muster any positive thoughts. I walked a bit and got my legs under me and jogged the rest of the way back to LTF.

There are good days and bad days. This was obviously a bad day. I did not get my core workout in either. Weight… too much to discuss.

On a positive note, Jack is feeling better and he and William are both excited about their new bedrooms that are coming.

Jack and I watched football practice and he hated that he was not able to play. Frustrating, but it might make him want it more.

Tomorrow I have to get up extra early to meet the guys at John’s Creek Life Time for a swim workout. I barely know how to get there.

No comments: