Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Guilty

Day 107

Boston Qualifying Training. Last night I enjoyed hanging with Wil and watching Santa Claus is Coming to Town, a classic. He was curled up next to me on the couch, I can remember doing the same thing when I was his age. That little classic transcends generations.

Wil off to bed, I turn on Monday Night Football for a few minutes. I really need the Ravens to win. It is not looking good. I have had a 10 game lead on Kim for our family picks. Now with 4 weeks left in the season, she has had two great weeks and I am only up by 3 games going into the last 4 weeks. The race is on.

It is 5:45 when I wake up. Sleeping in feels good. I arrive at the gym a little earlier than Jay head to the bikes. I see the gang in the pool. Not this week. No swimming, it is too fatiguing.

At the bike I spin, not aggressive, just an easy spin. Jay arrives and we turn the peddles for 30 minutes. This is followed by a light stretch. Heading down the stairs, I shower and walk past the scale. No more scale until after the race. I head home and put Wil on the bus and see Jack off to school.

Getting ready for work, I feel guilty, like not enough was done for today’s “workout”. I barely broke a sweat. I have to keep myself focused. I know that Wednesday will feel better when we run the 3 mile pace run.

Weight… I do not want to know.

No comments: