Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm dropping the hammer Harry

Friday. Day 39. Long run day. Jay is traveling, I am running alone. Well not really, I decide to meet Corey and run along side him on the treadmill. This is my second time on the treadmill this week, but lets face it, I did not want to go out and run 8 miles too fast.

The workout was pretty simple, 8 miles at 7:33, there is not 7:33 pace on the treadmill, but there is a 7:30. A quick warm-up, just walking. Stop the machine and start it off. Go…! As always, the first mile and a half is difficult, not hard, just difficult as my body, heart, lungs, legs are warming up. Once warm, I find myself feeling good. On several occasions the pace just seems easy. If anything, I am just bored. I enjoy talking to Corey, it helps pass the time. The six miles are so controlled that I decide to pick it up. Easing it up for mile 7, I am still fairly controlled. I decide to give it a little more on the last mile. With mile 7-8, I drop it from 7:20 down to 6:40. It feels good.

Stepping on the scale, 179. Finally, back under the 180 mark. Nice way to start the weekend.

No comments: