Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Better...

Day - 16 Chicago Marathon Training. I woke this morning and felt rested. Amazing what happens when you get to bed a reasonable hour. It was a peaceful sleep too, no wild dreams and no waking up in the middle of the night. It is possible that I did not move once my eyes shut until the time I woke up.


With the start of Week 3 delayed due to Jay being sick, today I hit the treadmill for the tempo workout alone. I considered a run out in the cool morning air, but the reality is, I need the treadmill to keep pace and not cheat by going too fast.

The workout was straight forward, 1 mile warm-up, 5 at 7:24 pace and a mile cool down. I hit the treadmill with a bit of caution, the last time I felt labored during this workout. Today I felt better rested, and by the second mile, I knew today’s run would be a breeze. I was sweating, but my breathing and legs felt good and breathing was well under control, a very positive start to Week 3. After running I put a concentrated effort into stretching and my core workout.  I have been neglecting both lately.

To stay on track, later today I will hit the pool. A nice 2000 meter lunch time swim with another training friend, Rebecca, who is also training for Chicago. Hoping Jay feels better soon.

Weight… I did not look too many ribs, chips, beer and junk over the holiday weekend. I’ll look on Friday.

No comments: