Monday, August 9, 2010

weight up... speed down... uh not good.

As bad as my last long run was, this was better. Great no, I was still fighting some running demons. My body and mind were fighting me the whole time. I just kept pushing on. I felt if I could get to the halfway point, all would be well. By 6.5 I was feeling good about heading back and knowing that every step took me closer to being done. Corey who was running behind me caught me with about 5 to go. I could have stayed with him, but knew that was not the order of the day. I kept my pace and moved along. My legs were getting tired but my mind knew I was nearly done. Interestingly I was running a 7:43 pace and that is slower than what I will need to run in Chicago.


With a good weekend, I enjoyed waking up today after a full 8 hours of sleep. The tempo run looked to be easy, but the reality is I struggled. All said, I got the work done and put the day in the books. Tomorrow is a swim, I will hit about 2,500 meters and try to pay attention to my nutrition. My weight is out of the park, 181.

No comments: